DCA helps manufacturers understand, comply with, and get ahead of environmental and social regulatory and customer requirements that impact their products in their markets. We offer a complete suite of business and technical services to clients that need to understand and comply with the European Union’s product-targeted environmental regulations such as RoHS, WEEE, ErP, REACH, Batteries and Packaging as well as similar regulations and customer requirements around the world in China, Japan, Korea, the US, and elsewhere.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Product Assessment: We provide answers to these questions: Are our products within the scope of the regulation? Are there exemptions we can take advantage of? What should we be doing now and in the future to maximize efficiency while ensuring compliance?
- Gap Assessment: What are you doing today to comply? Whether the answer is “nothing yet”, “we’re well on our way”, or “we’ve done it”, DCA evaluates your current state and makes recommendations ranging from “check-the-box” to a complete, step-by-step plan to achieve compliance to targeted efficiency and profitability improvements.
- Environmental Compliance Assurance System (ECAS): A gap assessment is normally the first step in developing an ECAS. We can help you define and implement such a system, include updating business processes, developing engineering specifications, identifying supporting tools, systems and services as needed, and training.
- Regulatory and Customer Compliance: We understand the specifics of environmental and social regulations that impact manufactured products (articles) and can help you comply with
- RoHS: RoHS comes in many varieties - European Union, China, Vietnam, India, Taiwan, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, etc. All have similarities, but no two (except for the EU and Switzerland, so far) are the same. We can help you with documentation, labeling, data collection and management, supplier assessment, etc.
- REACH: EU REACH impacts virtually all articles sold in the EU, defining substance restrictions and declarable substances (aka Substances of Very High Concern, or SVHCs), as well as the relatively rare registration requirement for articles. We can help you understand
- Energy Efficiency: While primarily covering energy consumption during product use, we can help you understand and comply with energy efficiency requirements in any phase of the product lifecycle.
- Customer Requirements: OEM customers, retailers and others downstream of you increasingly have requirements that include, and often extend beyond, regulatory requirements. We can help you interpret, understand and comply with these requirements.
- Regulatory Monitoring: Monitoring markets for emerging environmental and social requirements that specifically impact your products takes time, effort and focus. Let DCA do the work for you.
- Standards: We've been involved with EPEAT (IEEE-1680.1, IEEE-1680.2, and IEEE-1680.3 as well as NSF-426, the emerging Server standard) since 2007, and co-chair the ANSI Chemicals Network. We understand standards and can help you understand how to comply with them.
- Component Engineering: In the electronics industry, an effective component engineering organization can dramatically improve time-to-market and lower manufacturing costs. Need a CE checkup? Need to implement a Component Engineering department? We can help.
We offer many other services as well, including straightforward as-needed consulting on any topics in our areas of expertise. Have an issue you'd like to discuss? Get it touch and even if we can't help directly we have many colleagues around the world with world-class expertise that may be able to.